Duct Cable is designed to be pulled into ducts in service ducts of an optical cable communication network. Its non-metallic characteristic enables it to be installed in an environment where there is electrical interference, for example alongside power lines. The cable design is available in unitube (up to 24 loose fibres), multitube (up to 144 fibres) fibre ribbon cable (48 to 576 fibres). The design is lightweight and flexible and able to withstand normal installation forces of strain, crush, bend and twist. Aramid or glass yarn can be added for extra axial pulling strength and glass yarn or polyamide can be used as protection against rodents.
Loose tubes containing fibres encapsulated in ribbon shape are S - Z stranded around a central strength members, sheathed with HDPE and an optional Nylon 12 Jacket. A ribbon cable is suitable for high fibre count and reduces slicing time.
- Suitable for blowing in ducts/uPVC pipes.
- MEETS IEC 60794, EIA/TIA, ITU-T, EN 1870000, RUS 1755.900 & Telecodia GR-20 International standards.
- Nylon/LSZH/FRPE as outer Jacketing Available.
- Customized designs are available on request.
- Fibre options: SM (G652B/D, G655 & G657), MM (OM1, OM2 & OM3)
- Dry core construction (non jelly) is optional.
- Rip Cord is optional.
- Composite of various types of fibres (SM & MM).
- Metallic central strength member option available.
- Higher fibre count cable designs are available on request.
||Diameter (mm) Nominal
||Weight (kg/Km) Nominal
|| Tensile Strength
|Crush Resistance (N/10cm)
||Installation (Short Term)
||Temporary (10 x D of Cable) Dynamic
||Permanant (20 x D of Cable) Static
|D-96/SM/MTJ(F) -PMFN 019.0
|D-144/SM/MTJ(F) -PMFN 020.5
|D-288/SM/MTJ(F) -PMFN 025.0
|D-576/SM/MTJ(F) -PMFN 030.0